sabato 15 giugno 2013
By visiting Rome ...you will find some of the Fountains more or less known
Rome is the city of large and small fountains, beautiful, imaginative and almost always the work of great sculptors and architects. These fountains have a long history, which begins with the early Roman aqueducts and continues through the centuries, with fountains, Renaissance, Baroque, and Neoclassical those of the nineteenth century up to modern ones. Here are some: Fountain of the artists, Margutta, the project architect Pietro Lombardi and it was manufactured in 1927 is a set of symbols of the artists. From the original triangular base they get up two easels shelves on which rest two masks, other one is sad, cheerful, wanting to emphasize the alternating fortunes of the artists. Fountain of the Four Rivers in Piazza Navona. To give a worthy accommodation in Piazza Navona, the obelisk to the obelisk coming from the Circus of Maxentius and designed by Bernini, the Pope Innocent X Pamphili authorized the work of the fountain and the work inaugurated June 12, 1651. Around the monolith were laid four statues of white marble five meters high that represent rivers. The first was by Claude Poussin is dedicated to the Ganges symbolizes Asia; Nile for Africa is by Giacomo Antonio Fancelli, its head covered because up till then unknown the headwaters; Antonio Raggi has sculpted the Danube for Europe and finally the Rio de la Plata, a symbol of America, by Francesco Baratta. Fountain of the Acqua Marcia, in Via Nomentana, the municipality in the early of the twentieth century, he place the reference fontanile of the Acqua Marcia, placing at the center of the basin bordered by a cornice placed to crown of the wall which is leaning against the fountain, its emblem decorated with a swag in the tradition of nobility. Fountain of the Acqua Paola, for the Romans the Gianicolo Fountain, was sought by Paul V Borghese (1605-1621). The monumental fountain has three wide niches, flanked by two smaller niches, from each of which water gushes. In 1690, Alexander VIII, designed by Carlo Fontana, replaced the five shells at the base of the mouths of water with the great basin. The Barcaccia in Piazza di Spagna, was commissioned by Pope Urban VII to Pietro Bernini, is decorated within two "sun mouths" barberiniane water out in a fanwise and are located the outside the two arms of Urban VIII. Fontana della Botte, in Trastevere, the barrel, placed vertically on a base, it is the typical "cart", formerly used to transport the wine of the Castelli Romani, the water is collected in a half basin below. At the sides of the cask you will find two measures of wine, from which flows water that collects on the ground in special basins. Fountain of the goddess Roma, in the Capitol, was designed by Michelangelo in the years around 1536 not as a fountain, but as a superb ornament of the square. In the central niche of the steps Michelangelo foresaw the insertion of a colossal statue of Minerva (now in the courtyard of the Capitoline Museum), was then replaced by current statue, more modest size, the goddess Roma triumphans. At the sides of the large niche, Michelangelo he inserted two huge statues depicting the river Nile and the Tigris, originally adorned the baths of Constantine, on the Quirinal Hill The Romans wanted to transform the Tigers in the Tiber and therefore changed the tiger into a wolf and placed it beside Romulus and Remus. A new fountain of the goddess Roma is located in Piazza del Popolo to the Pincio and was designed by Valadier in 1823.